First Presbyterian Church, Beloit

Together, as a family serving Christ's community with love, joy, and peace.

321 E. Main

P.O. Box 603

Beloit, KS† 67420

Phone: 785-738-3091

E-mail: fpcbeloit@nckcn.com†

321 East Main, Beloit, KS† 67420

Worship Service:

Sundays

10:30 a.m.

Child Care Provided

 

Bible Study:

Fridays 8-9 a.m.

Church Parlor

 

Pastor Deb Hadachek

Ph:† 785-729-3377

E-mail:

dhadachek@gmail.com

 

Church Secretary

Cyndee McCullough

Ph:† 738-3091

 

Welcome

†††††† Welcome to the First Presbyterian Church (FPC) of Beloit!† Our roots run deep in this community. A worship service for Presbyterians was held only a few days after the City of Beloit was established in 1871.

†††† Our commitment to Christís church continues in the tradition of those pioneer founders: authentic and humble worship, prayer and study, and listening for and obeying Godís call for our church and our individual lives in the Solomon Valley, Kansas, the United States, and the world. Our members demonstrate their faith in a variety of ways, from serving and supporting the local church to volunteering for local charitable agencies, working as missionaries, and making financial contributions to state, federal, and international causes.

†††† The church is served by commissioned lay pastor, Deb Hadachek.† Pastor Deb is in Beloit every Wednesday and Sunday.

†††† We invite you to join us on our continuing journey to deepen our faith and work for Godís kingdom in the world.† Pastor Debís messages are recorded to be shared with those who are unable attend services.

History of First Presbyterian Church, Beloit

†††† The present First Presbyterian Church of Beloit has evolved over many years.† The church was established in March of 1872 with 13 charter members.† The congregation met for worship in a building on the northeast corner of Mill and South Street for a few years and then used the Methodist Church after it was built.† In the spring of 1877, the congregation decided to build their own house of worship and the first sermon was delivered in the new church building in August 1878.† The building was dedicated for service on December 1, 1878.†

†††† The present day bell tower and narthex were added in 1951, the Wicks pipe organ with chimes was purchased in 1955, and the educational wing was added in 1959.† The church obtained one of only six bells cast for the United States Centennial in 1876 as a replica of the Liberty Bell.† That bell still rings beautifully from the church bell tower.

†††† Over the 125+ years of existence, congregations from Saltville Presbyterian Church, First Presbyterian Church of Scottsville, and Hopewell United Presbyterian Church have formally joined the FPC of Beloit. 

†††† The FPC of Beloit is affiliated with a mainline Protestant Christian denomination, the Presbyterian Church U.S.A.

The bell tower was added in 1951 to house the Liberty Bell replica.

An educational wing was added to the church in 1959.† This addition included a choir room, nursery, office space for the pastor and church secretary, and three classrooms.